When working, certain skills such as good emotional regulation and seeing obstacles as challenges can enhance your performance and ability to function well. With skills coaching I work with you to identify and improve skills such as:
- listening skills,
- interpersonal skills,
- ability to delegate,
- public speaking,
- ability to give feedback,
- presentation of self,
- strategic thinking.
In addition, I coach people to improve their:
- ability to identify obstacles that they put in their own path, and then to ameliorate those obstacles,
- emotional regulation and responses to frustrations, setbacks, and obstacles,
- theory of mind—the ability to put oneself if someone else’s shoes—in order to manage staff more effectively and to understand clients and colleagues better,
- awareness and understanding of social cues,
- effective use of their talents and abilities,
- ability to work effectively and efficiently.
Benefits of Coaching
The benefits of coaching typically include:
- Obtaining greater clarity of your values, goals, strengths, talents and abilities,
- Identifying and incorporating what sustains and refreshes you in life,
- Creating paths to achieve value-aligned goals,
- Actively transforming your identity to be closer to who you want to be,
- Increased sense of mastery and personal satisfaction.
I am an accredited clinical psychologist with over 25 years of experience helping people. I:
- am research-driven and the author of college-level psychology textbooks,
- have been certified in hypnosis by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis,
- am the author of several books on how psychological phenomena are illustrated through fictional characters, such as superheroes, the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and Harry Potter.
My coaching style as been described as warm, direct, positive, and challenging. I help my clients get clear on their values and goals, the parts of themselves they’d like to develop, and the paths forward to become more of the person they’d like to be.
Questions about Coaching?
Click here for an FAQ about coaching.
My coaching policies are here.
Thanks for your interest
To make an appointment, contact me:
"Dr. Rosenberg brings expertise, wisdom and practical life experience to any mother struggling with work life balance or any woman deciding what her priorities are. With her help I learned to find my superpower of making tradeoffs based on what really matters to me. Finally I let myself off the hook for what I wasn't doing, and made choices I could feel good about by banishing outdated ideals of perfection in all realms. Dr. Rosenberg has been there herself and with her help you can go farther than reclaiming sanity--and stake your claim to your superpower!"
Robin S. Rosenberg, Ph.D., ABPP
- Mission/Noe Valley, San Francisco
- Menlo Park, California
- New York City