Ever wonder what you could learn from Batman, Spider-Man, or Wonder Woman? Dr. Robin Rosenberg believes you can learn plenty. Like superheroes, each of us may have at least one outstanding ability or skill that we may not be aware we possess—a superpower. When acknowledged and harnessed, that ability or skill can strengthen us, help us overcome obstacles, add meaning to our lives, and ultimately transform us and those around us.
- Do you want to discover whether you have a “superpower” and develop a plan and goals of how to use that powers?
- Do you want to develop and maintain your own mission and purpose that guides your daily life?
- Do you sometimes have difficulty focusing your “superpower” on what really matters most to you right now?
- Do you want to overcome obstacles that prevent you from reaching your potential?
- Are you trying to figure out how to wield your power effectively but also comfortably?
- Are you trying to find balance between your work and home life and to figure out the balance between being a superhero and just being a person? Do you want to develop your own model of balance between work and home and not routinely accept the cookie-cutter model of what you think a “superwoman“ or “superman” should be?
- As you claim your power, do you want to understand your identity better to answer the questions “who am I when I wear my mask—what is my public identity?” and “who am I when I take off my mask?
- Are you seeking to improve your relationships, both at “work” and at “home” and become closer to your best self, as friend, lover, colleague, mentor, parent, child?
- Are you transitioning from one phase of life to another, and want to take advantage of the opportunity for personal transformation? To figure out how your superpower fits in as you move to your next phase of life and what it can look like?
If any of these questions resonate with you, you may be a good fit for superpower coaching: discovering and mastering your “superpower,” and making it fit into your life in a way that works for you.
Like superheroes, we must learn to balance the place of that gift in our lives, or else it can become a curse or a burden (think of Batman).
Watch her talk on Life Lessons Superheroes Teach Us at Talks at Google.
I am an accredited clinical psychologist with over 25 years of experience helping people. I am research-driven and the author of college-level psychology textbooks as well as a variety of books on the psychology of superheroes. In those books I discuss superheroes, how their stories reveal very human psychological phenomena, and what we can learn from them. I bring my extensive knowledge about scientific psychology to my coaching.
Questions about Coaching?
Click here for an FAQ about coaching.
My coaching policies are here.
Thanks for your interest
To make an appointment, contact me:
"Dr. Rosenberg brings expertise, wisdom and practical life experience to any mother struggling with work life balance or any woman deciding what her priorities are. With her help I learned to find my superpower of making tradeoffs based on what really matters to me. Finally I let myself off the hook for what I wasn't doing, and made choices I could feel good about by banishing outdated ideals of perfection in all realms. Dr. Rosenberg has been there herself and with her help you can go farther than reclaiming sanity--and stake your claim to your superpower!"
Robin S. Rosenberg, Ph.D., ABPP
- Mission/Noe Valley, San Francisco
- Menlo Park, California
- New York City