As a psychologist, I harvest the research from behavioral science to help executives develop their interpersonal skills, enhance their performance, and effect change.
I work with you to identify and improve interpersonal skills, such as:
- listening and responding,
- ability to delegate,
- public speaking,
- ability to give feedback,
- presentation of self,
- strategic thinking,
- team functioning,
- awareness and understanding of social cues,
- theory of mind—the ability to put oneself if someone else’s shoes—in order to manage staff more effectively and to understand clients and colleagues better.
I also work with clients to enhance their performance, such as:
- their ability to identify obstacles in their own path, and then to work through and around those obstacles,
- their emotional regulation and responses to frustrations, setbacks, and obstacles,
- prioritizing, stress management, time management,
- minimizing perfectionism and procrastination tendencies that can hamper productivity,
- effectively use their your talents and abilities,
- increase their ability to work effectively and efficiently.
In addition, I work with clients who are in the process of succession planning for business or estate planning, to help them clarify their values-based plans.
Benefits of Coaching
The benefits of coaching typically include:
- Increased performance--both effectiveness and efficiency,
- Better work relationships,
- Obtaining greater clarity of your values, goals, strengths, talents and abilities,
- Creating paths to achieve value-aligned goals,
- Increased sense of mastery and personal satisfaction.
I am an accredited clinical psychologist with over 25 years of experience helping people. I:
- am research-driven and the author of college-level psychology textbooks,
- am the author of several books on how psychological phenomena are illustrated through fictional characters, such as superheroes, the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and Harry Potter
- am a Fellow of the American Association of Clinical Psychology and Board Certified in Clinical Psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology.
My coaching style as been described as warm, direct, positive, and challenging. I help my clients identify areas for change, obstacles to that change, and ways through and around those obstacles. In addition, I help clients clarify their values and goals, and the paths forward to become more of the person they’d like to be.
Questions about Coaching?
Click here for an FAQ about coaching.
My coaching policies are here.
Thanks for your interest
To make an appointment, contact me:
"Dr. Rosenberg brings expertise, wisdom and practical life experience to any mother struggling with work life balance or any woman deciding what her priorities are. With her help I learned to find my superpower of making tradeoffs based on what really matters to me. Finally I let myself off the hook for what I wasn't doing, and made choices I could feel good about by banishing outdated ideals of perfection in all realms. Dr. Rosenberg has been there herself and with her help you can go farther than reclaiming sanity--and stake your claim to your superpower!"
Robin S. Rosenberg, Ph.D., ABPP
- Mission/Noe Valley, San Francisco
- Menlo Park, California
- New York City