Next Step Relationship Coaching™
Next Step Relationship Coaching is for couples who want to deepen their commitment to each other during a transitional period in their relationship, such as moving in together, buying a home together, getting engaged or married, negotiating a prenuptial or co-habitation agreement, having a child.
Next Step Relationship Coaching helps you both understand each other at a deeper level and share important values you each holds, particularly as it related to the next step in the relationship. Together we then identify conflict areas, both those associated with that next step and previous conflict areas that have not yet been resolved. I help you both detect potentially hurtful or unproductive patterns of managing conflict, and then help you both develop and practice targeted skills to manage your differences and conflicts with understanding and respect.
I often use some of the methods of Gottman Method Couples Therapy, which is based on 35 years of research on couples by psychologist John Gottman and others. This method of couples therapy helps partners:
- Increase respect, affection, and closeness
- Break through and resolve conflict when you feel stuck
- Generate greater understanding between you and your partner
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Maintain improvements in your relationship.
I am an accredited clinical psychologist with over 25 years of experience helping people. I:
- have taken all three levels of Gottman Couples therapy training
- am research-driven and the author of college-level psychology textbooks
- have been certified in clinical psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology
- am a Fellow of the American Association of Clinical Psychology
- certified in hypnosis by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
My coaching style as been described as warm, direct, positive, and challenging. I help my clients get clear on their values and goals, the parts of themselves they’d like to develop, and the paths forward to become more of the person they’d like to be.
Questions about Coaching?
Click here for an FAQ about coaching.
My coaching policies are here.
Thanks for your interest
To make an appointment, contact me:
"Dr. Rosenberg brings expertise, wisdom and practical life experience to any mother struggling with work life balance or any woman deciding what her priorities are. With her help I learned to find my superpower of making tradeoffs based on what really matters to me. Finally I let myself off the hook for what I wasn't doing, and made choices I could feel good about by banishing outdated ideals of perfection in all realms. Dr. Rosenberg has been there herself and with her help you can go farther than reclaiming sanity--and stake your claim to your superpower!"
Robin S. Rosenberg, Ph.D., ABPP
- Mission/Noe Valley, San Francisco
- Menlo Park, California
- New York City